Hospital service strengthening

본문 바로가기

High Quality, Great Satisfaction,
Strong Relationship

What we do > Hospital service strengthening

Congratulatory Message-Ethiopian Medical Staff Conducting Their First Open Heart Surgery

페이지 정보

최고관리자 작성일20-02-25 13:57 Hit153

본문

Congratulatory message

Congratulations to the Ethiopian surgery team led by Abebe Bezabih and Ayalew Tizazu from Tikur Anbessa Specialized Hospital for successfully conducting their first open heart surgery with a full Ethiopian medical staff.

JW LEE Center for Global Medicine has been implementing 『JW LEE Fellowship Program for Clinical Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Capacity Building & Education in Ethiopia』 for the past 5 years. Throughout the program, we have shared our medical knowledge and skills with local medical staff and performed collaborative surgery in order to build a locally-sustainable cardiac surgery team in Ethiopia. I am grateful to the Ethiopian medical staff for actively participating in the program, and I’m even more grateful that this outcome was based on mutual trust and cooperation. 

Teamwork is imperative when it comes to congenital heart disease surgery as it demands a meticulous process from diagnosis and surgery to post-op care. Therefore, the Ethopian cardiac surgery team’s first self-sustainable surgery is a fruit of various departments coming together, including Cardiothoracic Surgery, Intensive Care Units, and Nursing. I hope that Tikur Anbessa Specialized Hospital continues to establish themselves as the heart of Cardiac Center in Africa, so that local patients with congenital heart disease can receive treatment at an affordable cost and without the dependency of help from abroad. 

Again, I extend my sincere congratulations to the Ethiopian surgery team. 

74f6e6970391284314b818ab83635032_1585011160_8899.png

Thank you,

Woong-Han Kim 

• 트위터로 보내기
  • 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 구글플러스로 보내기