The JW Lee Center for Global Medicine at Seoul National University School of Medicine was founded in 2012 to continue the legacy of Dr. Jong-Wook Lee, a former Director General of the World Health Organization who believed in providing health care for all. Since then, the CGM has been actively engaging in global partnership and research to reduce health disparities globally. The CGM promotes academic collaboration both domestically and internationally to implement multi-disciplinary and comprehensive global health education and research.
The JW Lee center is currently accepting applicants for the global health internship program. The objectives of the internship program are to:
- Expose students to the work and the field of global health
- Provide mentorship
- Promote Critical thinking on the issues of poverty, human rights, and social justice from the perspective of global health
- Strengthen the capacity to analyze and recognize the multi-disciplinary aspects of global health
Intern’s responsibilities include:
- Weekly seminar and presentation on various topics and areas of global health
- Assist in global health projects of your interests to gain work experience
- Attend weekly meetings and lectures when available
Who we are looking for:
- Currently enrolled at a university or equivalent institution (those are currently on leave of absence or have already graduated are also eligible to apply)
- Be able to commit to at least 6 weeks
- Be able to write, read, and communicate in English
The positions at the JW LEE Center for Global Medicine offer unpaid internships which require a minimum commitment of 6 weeks and may be extended. It also may translate into a paid position depending upon performance and availability.
All applicants must fill out their application form and personal statement via google survey provided by the link below:
After the submission, you will be contacted individually for further information within 2-3 weeks.
If you have any inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
★ JW LEE Internship T/O is closed by September.
Please apply after checking out the table below.
(Applicable by February 2020)